Tummy Tuck, Abdominoplasty, Lipoabdominoplasty (Saldania Technique) : Philippine Cosmetic-Aesthetic Surgery
Abdominoplasty or commonly know as tummy tuck procedure is a procedure performed to make the abdomen flat and firm. The procedure involves the removal or excision of excess, sagging and inelastic abdominal skin and fats particularly at the lower central abdomen. The procedure also involves the tightening of the muscle and facial of the abdominal wall. This procedure is often sought by patients with loose tissues that appears after pregnancy and major weight lost.
Tummy tuck vary in extent and are frequently subdivided into categories depending on the amount of excess skin and fats. This would be mini tuck, complete tummy tuck, extended abdominoplasty, circumferential abdominoplasty and combined liposuction with abdominoplasty which is also called Saldania technique. This procedure may take 1 to 5 hours to complete, usually patient are put under regional anesthesia that is combined with IV sedation. Initially there may be bruising and discomfort after surgery that may last only for several days to weeks.
Depending on the extent of the procedure, recovery procedure may take 10 to 14 days. Patients would be required to take a time off from work to rest and recuperate adequately. Heavy physical activity is best avoided during this time period. Activity is gradually progress as patient heals through time. Patients are required to wear supportive abdominal binder or compression garment to help minimize the swelling and facilitate skin re-draping or healing.
Possible risks of abdominoplasty include:
Poor wound healing
Skin loss, Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
Major wound separation
Recurrent looseness of skin
Pain, which may persist
Any procedure be it surgical or not, has its inherent risks and complication. This is why, patients should be properly selected and thoroughly prepared prior to surgery be it a minor or major procedure. With this patient's health is not compromise and results are maximize.
Any cosmetic procedure, like tummy tuck surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a surgeon. Your surgeon should have at least completed 5 to 7 years of surgical training. He or she is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedure, including breast, body, face and reconstruction. Your surgeon should be able to operate in accredited medical facilities. And most importantly he or she, should be board certified in his or her surgical specialty.
For more information about the procedure, before and after photos you may our photo gallery
- The Pros and Cons of Non-surgical Rhinoplasty
- Types of Rhinoplasty - Nose Surgery
- Improve Your Breast Size with Breast Augmentation
- Liposuction : Do I Need This?
- Rhinoplasty, What To Expect After Surgery
- A Guide to Breast Augmentation
- Abdominoplasty , Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Makeover for Mommy: Have a Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Tummy Tuck at the Renewed You Cosmetic Clinic
- Breast Augmentation by the Renewed You Aesthetic Center
- Summer Special Promo
- Silicone Vs. Gore-Tex Implant for Rhinoplasty: Which one is Better?
- Facial Rejuvenation by Fat Grafting
- How Do I Prepare for my Mom Makeover Procedures?
- Cheek Augmentation: Fat Grafting VS. Facial Implants
- Planning and Preparing for a Cosmetic Surgery and Vacation in the Philippines
- Tips in Preparing for a Breast Augmentation Procedure in the Philippines
- Rhinoplasty To Enhance The Shape And Size Of Your Nose - Rhinoplasty Procedure
- Booming Cosmetic Medical Tourism In The Philippines - Rhinoplasty, Nose lift, Nose Job
- Successful Recovery After A Breast Augmentation
- Some Quick Tips for Recovering After Breast Augmentation
- Some Misconceptions About Breast Augmentation
- Some Benefits For Acquiring Breast Augmentation
- Facelift - Pre and Post Operative Surgery Tips
- Difference Between Tummy Tuck and Liposuction
- Abdominoplasty - Swelling Reduction Tips for Tummy Tuck Recovery
- Face Lift Recovery - Tips To Help Maintain The Results
- Rhinoplasty Philippines - Celebrity Nose Jobs
- Tummy Tuck Procedure Benefits and Limitations
- Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery For Women After Pregnancy
- Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures And Their Benefits
- Butt Augmentation For A New And Sexier You
- Ultimate Smart Lipo Pre and Post Surgery Tips
- Rhinoplasty, A More Affordable Procedure In Asia
- A Testimonial About Mom Makeover - Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift (Mastopexy) with Implants
- Breast Lift or Mastopexy - Important Breast lift Scar Information That You Should To Know
- Mommy Makeover - Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty
- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery in The Philippines
- Arm Lift Surgery To Firm Up Your Arm Area
- How Mentoplasty Can Help Repair Double Chin Problem
- Structural Fat Graft, FAMI, Fat Injection for Facial Rejuvenation
- Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Brazilian Butt Lift To Better Enhance Your Body Features
- Breast Augmentation - Silicon vs Saline Breast Augmentation
- Philippine Plastic Surgery - Rhinoplasty, Oriental Rhinoplasty, Nasal Reshaping
- Cosmetic Surgery - How To Make A Good Decision With Your Cosmetic Procedure
- Buttocks Augmentation or Brazilian Butt Lift in the Philippines
- Alar Trimming, Alar Reshaping, Reshaping Rhinoplasty : Philippine Plastic Surgery
- Tummy Tuck, Abdominoplasty, Lipoabdominoplasty (Saldania Technique) : Philippine Cosmetic-Aesthetic Surgery